DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was time that the Corde be traded in. Owing almost $8K on the Chrysler, almost 90K miles, I was gettin nerveous about the 2.7... I was originally looking at the Subaru Legacy, then the Nissan Altima SE-R, then the Camry Solara Sport Coupe... All were way out of my price range because the Corde had some much negative equity.... While I was at Ira Toyota, I saw the Brand New TC sitting there... I took it for a test drive, talked numbers and signed the papers... 3 days later Im in my brand new Scion TC with a total of 15 miles! :biggrin:

Its has a panarama moonroof, Auto climate control, MP3 player, 5 speed manual, everything the corde had except leather! For only $17K it was an iincredible deal!

PICS:

Well there are some pics... When the weather decides to be nice (its been raining for like 4 days straight...) Ill take more pics! Tell me what you think! (no flaming please)

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Great choice Bobby! Can't wait to see it in 2 months.

Reactions: alderran

·
Registered
866 Posts
Very Nice! I like those cars a lot. You usually pay out the nose for features in Toyotas but the TC packs a lot of standard equipment for the money and seems like a huge bargain to me. They're one of the few foreign smaller fwd cars that I'd buy. Silver is the best color for them too. Looks awesome with the darker roof color. From what I read, the upcoming TRD package (turbo or S/C...don't remember) will bring that puppy up to SRT-4 territory.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice ride! Keep us posted on what you do to it. I know people that have customized the living crap outta them, and they look unique. Awesome price too! Now if only you could drop in a 3.5... :evillaugh

·
Registered
589 Posts
Operator said:
Very Nice! I like those cars a lot. You usually pay out the nose for features in Toyotas but the TC packs a lot of standard equipment for the money and seems like a huge bargain to me. They're one of the few foreign smaller fwd cars that I'd buy. Silver is the best color for them too. Looks awesome with the darker roof color. From what I read, the upcoming TRD package (turbo or S/C...don't remember) will bring that puppy up to SRT-4 territory.

up-coming TRD package? that was offered when my sister picked up her tC when they were first released, with .5 miles on it freshly shipped from overseas. Its a turbo btw. I like the tC in the Black Cherry more then I do in the Silver though, thats the color my sisters is in. Those cars handle beautifully though, driving them feels like driving a little roadster. Congrats on the car, and hope that you enjoy it. They are coming out with different body kits for the cars, and carbon fiber hoods and rims and such. I just love the tC, I know in a couple years, my first new car will probably be one. like i said, before, Congrats, and wish you many years good luck with the car.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
God, thats such a beautiful ****ing car. Theres one thats always at the starbucks near my house. Dark tint with black rims, its one of the hottest modded cars I've ever seen...

-Brandon

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!!! I absolutely love it... It handles incredibly, great pick up, gas mileage is insane, and so on... I LOVE IT!!! Im not gonna rice it out... Im not into the whole rice thing... I would love to add the TRD Supercharger, but not just yet, as of tonight it only has 43 miles from going from home to work and back, showing the car to my grandmother and uncle, and returning the Concorde's plates to my insurance agent! Once I get some nice weather, Ill be sure to get more pics! Lemme know if ya want anything particular (pic wise) Thanks again for the positive comments!!! Rep for ALL!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice ride, 97. :)

It has a lot more style than most other small cars out there. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and I'm jealous of the manual transmission. :D I miss driving stick a lot from time to time. There's just no comparison to an auto.

·
Registered
589 Posts
proof that those things are just stunning looking will arrive when you park next to lexus's or mercedes's and the owners compliment you on how beautiful your car looks. just wait, its gonna happen.

·
Registered
646 Posts
actually i've always wondered about these cars... they're really nice, but are they supposed to be like "new age hip" cars or something?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Spinnaker said:
actually i've always wondered about these cars... they're really nice, but are they supposed to be like "new age hip" cars or something?
I guess. I take it like i take 91 Corrolla's Its still a toy.

·
Registered
589 Posts
too plastiky? the car isnt too plastiky when you actually see it face to face. you will then fall inlove with it.

its not so much the newage hip cars, they're just bringing the kinda styles you already see in Japan to the US. The XB and XA were cars that were very successful, just renamed, rebadged and imported to the US. the tC was the first car that toyota produced just for the Scion line, and as you can tell from the new lexus(ES340 i think) you can tell the cars look has caught on.

Reactions: SilverSpecial
1 - 20 of 87 Posts