DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what could be causing this.. happened 3 times now. When the car is parked the horn has randomly started blaring like you were in there laying on it. It only stops once you get in the car and press the horn. The first time after stopping it, and locking car with the key fob, it started again. Only stopped when pressing the horn. This was a month ago. I didn’t have the car and didn’t know about it until today but apparently it did it again other day after locking. Changed the key fob battery after the first time and it was okay until recently. Did it again today. Any ideas? The only mechanic near me overcharges any and everything so knowing what I’m getting into first would be helpful.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
Do you have factory alarm. What color is the plastic cap on your ignition key?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
So, it is a steady "On" horn sound and not the alarm, which pulses on and off?

Are you handy enough to pull the airbag off the steering wheel and disconnect the horn wire? If you still have the
symptom after disconnecting the horn switch wire, you can eliminate the switch that is under the airbag cover from
the process. (Process of elimination, starting at the horn switch.)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
After rereading the first post....it does seem the airbag cover/horn switch might be the cause of the problem.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts