DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some guidance. My son has a 1998 Intrepid he just purchased an aftermarket head unit, which had 60 watts per channel. After connecting this unit up with the conversion wiring kit I’m getting no sound from the speakers. I went back re-check all the wires. I have power to the unit and this unit has spectrum lights to follow the music sound, which is lighting up with the music but again no sound from the speakers. Does this have something to due with using the stock speakers? Is there an amp that needs to be disconnected? Could this unit just be bad? Any help is appreciated. The stock system is the 120 watt 8 speaker system. No infinity system.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Just connect the blue or blue/white power antenna lead from the radio to the blue or blue/white lead in the harness.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Is he using the factory Infinity speakers or have those been replaced too?[/QUOTE]

He has the midline system.

·
Registered
655 Posts
the question is....did the sound work before you hooked up the new deck? but since you have power and no sound, I'd have to go with checking the blue/white wire again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help it worked. Who would of thought to connect the power ant. wire? Anyway thanks for the help.

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I just put a new head unit in my 1994 Concorde (with Infinity) this weekend. I also had the no sound issue. I looked on this forum and saw the info about the power antenna wire. I've connected it, and I get sound on the tuner only. When I change sources on my new head unit to CD or AUX it stops power going to the amp and I get zero sound. Is there another wire I can use to get a constant 'ON' signal to the infinity amp? I'm going to take a look tomorrow and see if there is an amp remote wire, but I don't think I saw one on my harness. I'm a little frustrated, and afraid to hook up a constant power wire to the amp incase I blow it. Please Help. Thanks.

Reactions: Vertigo_AK47

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pretty much any switched wire will work. It's only used as an On/Off for the amp, so you're in no danger of blowing anything up in the amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts