DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question. does the 99 LHS come with the 3.5L motor only? I found a car that needs a timing belt? but i think the motor has a chain. I gotta think a broken chain would cause a lot of damage, maybe bent valves? I have never owned a 2nd gen so I am not well versed on their mechanics.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,329 Posts
If it's an LHS and not a Concorde LXi...then it has the 3.5L with a timing belt. Easiest way to tell is to open the hood and look at the badge on top of the intake that'll say either 2.7, 3.2 or 3.5. The base Concorde came with the 2.7L with timing chains.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just saw the car in an ad and it did not say what the motor was. If I saw it in person than I could probably figure out what motor it had.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess they had a typo. its not a lhs. its an intrepid. duh. its the 2.7 motor. the guy said he bought it at an auction and does not have time to look at it. yah, right. he found out how much it costs to replace the 2.7. it is an SE of course, 88k miles, gold exterior. he wants $1800 for it.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,329 Posts
Yep the elusive Intrepid LHS 2.7L!! Offer him $750 for it and throw in a 3.2/3.5 for $2000

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he lowered the price to $1200. i don't care for gold colored cars but i could always sell it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts