DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
You only have to remove the front grill over the door speakers to inspect them. Use a trim tool (aka a carefully used screwdriver) to remove it. No door panel removal required for this.

If you can not find anything in the speaker cavity. You can do two options to remove the interior panel on the door.

1. Haynes manual for the 98+ LHS, 300m & Intrepid has entire chapter about how to remove panels inside and out. The door is one of them covered.

2. The other option is to just try it yourself. It is not hard. 3 Screws along the bottom of the door, two in the area between the door and the dash when closed. One in the door release handle and one at the bottom of the handle hold in the armrest. Once these are out, put down the window and then raise the panel in an upward motion to remove. There is a water sheild under it, just peal it back to get inside the door cavity.

sURFN

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: sURFNmADNESS ]

· Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the info DEEPRED,

Will have to look at mine now and see if I have the same type of issue. Think my vibration is coming from the sail speakers though. Either loose or just can not handle the lows.

sURFN

· Registered
193 Posts
HeHe,

Opps! :rolleyes: Sorry Deepred,

Forgot, I have never removed the front door panels on my 2nd gen. I did on my 96 ES though. And, yes, I do now remember removing those screws in the speaker. Sorry, had forgot about them. As for the sail speaker, was not on the 96, so that is why I forgot about it too. Hehe, least got to go take a look! :D

I posted into another topic HERE about info on our radio systems.

sURFN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.