DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
The paint on my front panel where my fog lights are on my 99 ES has been chipping pretty bad. I have a small knick on the hood that appears to be rusting a little in the knick. The paint just seems to be wearing pretty bad overall. I have this funky light pearl green color that looks different colors in different lighting situations.

I didn't buy the car new but with 28,000 miles. I now have almost 36,000 miles w/75,000 mile extended warranty. I have taken good care of the vehicle.

Would this chipping paint issue be covered under warranty?

I also thought there was a standard 100,000 mile rust warranty. Would that cover this knick and would they repaint my vehicle? I'm sure they'll have to do it the same color in all but I thinking I could perhaps get a new paint job and not have to pay for it.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :confused: :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem on my '98 which was green. The dealer covered the peeling paint on the front fascia but basically said i was screwed with the hood (which also was chipping).

he said something about how the bumpers are designed to withstand that but the hood is just sheetmetal so i would imagine they will cover the bumper portion.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The rust warranty is for rust through, as in it ate all the way through a panel. The rust spots under a chip area are for you to take care of. Touch up as soon as you see a chip, try not to wait until there is a hunk-o-rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts