DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights on my '99 ES have fogged over on the outside. Anyone know anything that might cause this? A friend in the biz said something about a bad batch of lenses, something about UV additives in the manufacturing process. I would think someone else would have some bad lenses too if that's the problem. At 299.99 ea. I don't want to have to replace these more than once. Could it be something I've gotten into? Any ideas? TIA.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I know what your saying.. my 96 are fogged too. I know it's not a second gen. but all clear lenses from Chrysler, I have noticed do it. My friends 98 Plymouth Breeze are fogged too. Wish I could be of some help.. I think we should all start complaining to Chyrsler about this.. & maybe they'll start issuing new lenses.. yea right.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some after markets made by the same people who make Lexus lenses for 135.00 a piece. They wanted 179, but they have a price match deal and they went down to 135.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Originally posted by TC:
I found some after markets made by the same people who make Lexus lenses for 135.00 a piece. They wanted 179, but they have a price match deal and they went down to 135.
Lexus !!!!!!! Man have you seen the older model (93-97) Lexus cars? They are just as bad if not worse..........
:eek:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i must be lucky i havent had that prob yet...i think there was a strand somwhere about how to get rid of the fogging on the outside.

·
Registered
184 Posts
when i bought my used 99es a month and a half ago, i complained because one headlight housing had condensation in it, and when i actually picked it up, they had replaced it because they found out it was still under warranty....lucky me...(i must say, my dealer rocks! really!)

but yeah, i think it's stupid that they can't figure out how to make a headlight housing that doesn't fog up...

hehe...one way would be to make the whole thing a sealed module that you'd hafta replace every time a bulb went out, like on my friend's old toyota, but that's not exactly cost efficient....

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I have a 2000 and they're fogged in from the inside. I just found out that I can have them replaced under warranty. I called my friends at the dealer and they're already on order!!! HELL YEAH BABY!!! THANG GOD FOR EXTENDED WARRANTIES!!!! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts