DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a problem with my '99 dodge intrepids A/C. It will not go cold!! Well, it does sometimes, just kind of picks and choses when it wants to work. I have checked fuses, refrigerant, the relays, and fault codes. but have found nothing. my next step was to check the clutch and compressor but need another person to help me out. so am hoping to check that today. any tips, help, advice.....etc? PLEASE EMAIL ME or catch me on AOL IM @ RODRIGU21. thanks

FS: Car Audio
Concept cc-2002 amp
Boston PRO 10.5 LF subwoofer

·
Registered
166 Posts
ill post in this thread incase you didnt mean to put it in the buy forum also

ok this also happens on my 99 intrepid with the climate controll. the only way i have figured out how to make it work again is if it is not blowing cold air run the system as hot as it will go then run it back down to as cold as it will go then set it to the temp you want and vise versa if you want hott air and it is only blowing cold air. i am not sure why it does this but mine has started doing it since late lastyear. Took it into the dealership and they said nothing was wrong with it odd.

·
Registered
191 Posts
lbis4123 said:
can you hear an annoying hissing sound from your vents arod21?

I have a hissing sound from my vents my a/c doesnt get cold also,my alternator sounds loud when my compresser is running any idea?

·
Registered
931 Posts
intrepid1999 said:
I have a hissing sound from my vents my a/c doesnt get cold also,my alternator sounds loud when my compresser is running any idea?
if your a/c freon level is low it will cause a hissing sound when on. a cheap gauge from autozone can be used to check this on the low pressure side of the system. I can help you with this if you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts