DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a coupon for a free oil change at Canadian Tire and after they finished I started the car and noticed the oil light was on. I told the service manager, while they were trying to figure out why the light was on the engine siezed because they forgot to put oil in! I told them I would accept nothing less than a drop in rebuilt motor or they could buy the car. The manager gave me a rental car and told me he would take care of it, 2 weeks later I went back and they had tried to fix the motor and it was knocking so loud I could here it from the waiting room ! 2 more weeks passed (rental car bill at $2,200) they put in a used engine from an auto wrecker, I refused to accept it and phoned CT head office the next day the service manager phoned me and told me to pick up a check for the car they bought the car outright. I received more than if I tried to sell it and they paid a rental bill of $2,600 besides!

·
Registered
689 Posts
so what did you get for the car????
Tom
You think checking the oil would have been the first thing they would have checked when they opened the hood-dang kids

·
Registered
484 Posts
I received a coupon for a free oil change at Canadian Tire and after they finished I started the car and noticed the oil light was on. I told the service manager, while they were trying to figure out why the light was on the engine siezed because they forgot to put oil in! I told them I would accept nothing less than a drop in rebuilt motor or they could buy the car. The manager gave me a rental car and told me he would take care of it, 2 weeks later I went back and they had tried to fix the motor and it was knocking so loud I could here it from the waiting room ! 2 more weeks passed (rental car bill at $2,200) they put in a used engine from an auto wrecker, I refused to accept it and phoned CT head office the next day the service manager phoned me and told me to pick up a check for the car they bought the car outright. I received more than if I tried to sell it and they paid a rental bill of $2,600 besides!

WOW your joking me!!!!!!!????
This is why even if I get a free oil change. I don't accept it. I do all my own work on my car unless it involves things that I don't have or are too expensive.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Canadian Tire sucks. I got all my tires from there and one tire had a bulge, which was covered under warranty. When I dropped off the car to get the tire changed I left a note on the service order, "DO NOT LOWER WINDOWS, JUST TINTED TODAY".

20 minutes later I walked into the service bay to see how long they were going to be, the driver's window was lowered.

What the ****, man!?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car was base model with 160 Kms and needed stuts (bad) they gave me $4650 Cdn. I don't think I could have sold it anywhere else for that

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Canadian Tire sucks. I got all my tires from there and one tire had a bulge, which was covered under warranty. When I dropped off the car to get the tire changed I left a note on the service order, "DO NOT LOWER WINDOWS, JUST TINTED TODAY".

20 minutes later I walked into the service bay to see how long they were going to be, the driver's window was lowered.

What the ****, man!?
They have to...they must leave the keys in the car, and won't chance accidently locking the doors. Cheaper to re-tint one window the call in a locksmith.

Sorry about your luck with Crappy Tire, but you are right in thinking you would not have been able to sell it for that much. I sold mine for $3400 a year and a half ago...mind you it had 270,000 kms.

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
i hate canadian tire i watch them peel out in everyones cars getting my oil changed and they nail this speedbump that is right by the exit at the garage bays.. i always snap on them! not no more though i quit going there for sure!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Why do you guys even bother going there??? After all the crap we hear about them on TV and on the net. Anybody that still goes there, deserve that crap. Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart and those 10 minutes oil changes are there to make money, not to do a good job.....That's my 0,02$.

·
Registered
225 Posts
They have to...they must leave the keys in the car, and won't chance accidently locking the doors. Cheaper to re-tint one window the call in a locksmith.

Sorry about your luck with Crappy Tire, but you are right in thinking you would not have been able to sell it for that much. I sold mine for $3400 a year and a half ago...mind you it had 270,000 kms.
Seems like a bad policy to be leaving keys in cars at all. When I was working at a professional detail shop, the keys hung on a rack when we were not moving it. Been the same at any shop I've ever been to. Would seem to me that even if you did normally put windows down, that if it was specifically requested that you not do so, that a shop wouldn't. But you have to keep in mind that in the Canadian Tire shop, the only people making more than min wage are the mechanics, everyone else involved is a min wage highschool kid...I know...that's what I did in school-and yes, every one of us were idiots looking back.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts