DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a transmission oil pan with a drain plug. Does anyone have one? Does anyone know if a pan from a 41TLE would fit since the transissions are similar? Thanks

·
Woober Goobers!
51,431 Posts
Only instance I know of was a member that had the stock transmission oil pan modified by brazing a bung onto the back corner to fit a drain plug.

Sadly that member is deceased so you won't be able to contact him for any details. His name was Tom Romans. I can't remember his User Name for a search by that.

Reactions: Jim Barnett

·
Premium Member
17,733 Posts
I'm assuming you mean 41TE. (Ignore this post and accept my apologies if there is such a thing as a 41TLE)

I don't know from first-hand experience, but from researching the pan and pan gaskets for our cars (42LE) and '96 Sebring (41TE) on www.rockauto.com, I'd say no match - part numbers and shapes (in the photos) are different.

Photos courtesy of Rock Auto:

Felpro 42LE pan gasket:

Felpro 41TE pan gasket:

Reactions: Ronbo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming you mean 41TE. (Ignore this post and accept my apologies if there is such a thing as a 41TLE)

I don't know from first-hand experience, but from researching the pan and pan gaskets for our cars (42LE) and '96 Sebring (41TE) on www.rockauto.com, I'd say no match - part numbers and shapes (in the photos) are different.

Felpro 42LE pan gasket:
View attachment 41786

Felpro 41TE pan gasket:
View attachment 41787

Felpro 42LE pan gasket:
View attachment 41786

Felpro 41TE pan gasket:
View attachment 41787
My bad you are right 41TE Thanks for the info and tip on searching RockAuto

·
Premium Member
17,733 Posts
You're welcome.

·
Premium Member
17,733 Posts
If you're willing to pay for a new pan and add your own bung hole as Ronbo suggested, these dealers list it as if they have it in stock - whether they actually have it or not, you'd have to check:

That's from a search on "Chrysler 4539762" and "Chrysler 04539762". There were quite a few hits on that search, including a bunch for ebay, but all links were either dead or said "out of stock" except for the ones shown. Rock Auto lists only the Mopar part, but shows it being out of stock.

Or of course you could add a bung hole to your existing pan.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,431 Posts
Or get a used one from the junkyard. All versions or the 2nd gen LH cars came with the same transmission. 1998-2004. I believe the 1st gens use the same pan. 1993-1997.

You're going to have to pull the pan whatever way you go. I would get a used pan and modify it. You can paint it or powder coat it, etc. Should be able to get to get the appropriate fitting to weld/braze on at many different sources online or locally.

·
Premium Member
17,733 Posts
Yes - 1st and 2nd gen pans are the same, according to the listings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're willing to pay for a new pan and add your own bung hole as Ronbo suggested, these dealers list it as if they have it in stock - whether they actually have it or not, you'd have to check:

That's from a search on "Chrysler 4539762" and "Chrysler 04539762". There were quite a few hits on that search, including a bunch for ebay, but all links were either dead or said "out of stock" except for the ones shown. Rock Auto lists only the Mopar part, but shows it being out of stock.

Or of course you could add a bung hole to your existing pan.
Thanks for the searches and part numbers. I did see a cheaper used pan on Ebay. I am not the most expert mechanic. I do all my own work but sometimes I end up spending more LOL. Thanks again for that.

·
Premium Member
17,733 Posts
You're welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a drain plug from Napa and drilled my pan and installed it. They’re sold on EBay and just about all auto parts stores. Less than $7.00. I put locktite on mines to avoid any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts