DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a '99 Intrepid which I bought brand new that I absolutely hate now. It has 68K miles and has its speed sensor replaced along with a fan in front of the radiator.

Now, the car gives white smoke, took it Dodge Dealership, they told me the Engine is burning oil internaly, and the valves needs to be changed, quote is $1700.

Then they said oil is leaking (though nothing is dropping on floor) - they said to change gasket/pan its $460.

Lastly they said fan belts needs to be changed, which is another $370.

Now, last time i took it on 3/20 about white smoke at what time they changed the drain plug.

This time i took it becz it was vibrating becz of bad tires and then some white smoke.

Now, what should I do? I hear this is a wide problem, so is there anything Dodge will do since this is a major problem.

Lastly, where can I get the Valve repair done then.

Please Help. Thanks.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
ok is it using oil?? is coolant dropping?? white smoke usually means coolant,, blue smike is oil,, my 2.7 if sits idling for a long time will puff a little white smoke,, but i never have to add coolant ,, and that much for new belts?? thats a total rip off,,, id say first find a different dealer :driving:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
White Smoke is coming out when I am like at stop sign.

The Dodge Dealership says its burning oil internally in the valves. Charging $1700 to fix it. Is this the same problem other people are having?

Also, I bought this brand new in '99, isn't the engine suppose to like under warranty where they fix this by themselves.

I've been reading the net and found this class action suit.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/2_7_litre

Not sure if this could apply to me. Right now, I just told them to replace the tires, had a real bad time at this dealership - 5 star quality - yeah right -- I had the car in there for 2 days, and they just finished replacing tires, since they didnt have them.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
REAL thick white smoke can be an indication of tranny fluid burning- I'd had older style automatics with a diaghram hooked to manifold vacuum that leaked. It put down smoke that James Bond would've been proud of!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts