DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was down senior week this past summer in my trep with my girl and some gangster pulled up in his dads 05 g35 with the music loud enough to hear from 1/4 mile away.

just to be a dick i revved my engine and he looked over as if i was joking which i was but i gave him a serious look. he revvs up and it goes green and floor it with my 99 stock automatic trep and he misses first gear completely and i take off in front of him and by the time he made it to the next light (not even a few hundred fee away) i was there waiting.

to top it off four girls were in the back of a pickup two lanes over and they saw it all go down and they were laughing there *** off when they got to the light.

i was never so proud of my aunts hand me down in my entire life. i didnt want the car when i first got it but i cant imagine myself without it now. its grown to me.. esepecially the spacious bck seat if you know what im saying..

:bigok:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Driver error is such a great thing eh. Look at any drag race and teh under dog can win. A good example has to be that show PINKS I love that show lol especially when a punk in a civic gets his butt handed to him by a Trans Am lol. But seriously that show shows how teh things taht shouldn't stand a chance can win cause teh other guy can build cars just not drive. But ya good kill even though odds are if the dad were driving (and went for it) you woulda been dead dead dead haha.

·
Registered
739 Posts
He wrote on the main post that the guy missed first gear. That mistake alone can cause just about any car to lose. Good job, I love doing that to people who deserve it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yup nice to beat the guy but don't get a big head cause if soemone who could drive was behind the wheel you'd be lucy to see him go through the next set of lghts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey i have a 99 300m (INTAKE AND EXHAUST) and have took on 350z's with a manual. there not that fast i mean using autostick first i had him then second he pulled the third i walked on him. the g35 depending which one in 05 had ether 280 or 298 but the 350z(same car) has 287 so its possible to beat them give him some credit anyone thinks its not true come find me in a 350z and your be seeing my tailights(not till it runs again thats my next post). just to show you a mopar 3.5 is better then a dumb jap motor and our motor loses alot throught driveline and i know my car weights 4500 pounds so it weights alot less then ours maybe it was a bad day for my friends car but yea he didn't lie who would try to lose to your friend$'s 300m in a 350z stick :bouncer::bouncer:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Does anybody really believe that it's even posible to miss 1st gear??? He probably just revved it to let the Trep driver make a fool of himself.
I don't believe the four girls in the pick-up truck were laughing at the guy in the G35.

This is just another case of an Intrepid owner thinking he's got a race car.
It's a family sedan.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
hey i have a 99 300m (INTAKE AND EXHAUST) and have took on 350z's with a manual. there not that fast i mean using autostick first i had him then second he pulled the third i walked on him. the g35 depending which one in 05 had ether 280 or 298 but the 350z(same car) has 287 so its possible to beat them give him some credit anyone thinks its not true come find me in a 350z and your be seeing my tailights(not till it runs again thats my next post). just to show you a mopar 3.5 is better then a dumb jap motor and our motor loses alot throught driveline and i know my car weights 4500 pounds so it weights alot less then ours maybe it was a bad day for my friends car but yea he didn't lie who would try to lose to your friend$'s 300m in a 350z stick :bouncer::bouncer:

There is no way in hell your M weighs 4500 lbs. I weighed my 99 stripped out for track duty, and it weighed 3305 lbs. So with everything in it, it was prolly 3600 lbs. Unless your trunk is full of lead, your M does not weigh 4500 lbs.

For that matter, only the Magnum (LX Body) is the only modern LX car to come close to 4500 lbs.

About the "race" with the G35...the only way I see this scenario possible is if the driver was sleeping at the wheel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
G35's aren't that fast. I've driven a few when I was considering buying a car 2 months ago. They feel big and heavy, with a bad sound system,very heavy seats and a big price tag.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Does anybody really believe that it's even posible to miss 1st gear??? He probably just revved it to let the Trep driver make a fool of himself.
I don't believe the four girls in the pick-up truck were laughing at the guy in the G35.

It's a family sedan.
I was wondering the same thing - just how DO you miss 1st gear?

Unless the other guy was totally clueless and sat at the light in neutral, revved up and dropped the clutch only to realize he wasn't moving?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
It's a family sedan.
So is a G35!

Anyways..........a G35 is far from a race car as well. Ask the drivers of the ones who lost to my 4-cylinder Laser :flipa:

·
Registered
44 Posts
05 G35; 280HP,270TQ , 3500lbs not including driver. Power is measured at the Flywheel, and the Transmissions suck on those cars, so you can loose as much as 25% to the ground, more if its an all wheel drive vehicle.

My Firebird takes them on. IF I mess up and the G35 has a very good driver it can be very very close. I have no doubt a G35 can take the spouses 02 Intrepid ES.

Point Being......

(I knew a guy that used this as his sig.)

-"To win, I dont have to have a faster car, just be a better driver, so no prob."

1 - 20 of 45 Posts