DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is the second time with my 99 intrepid this has happend, it seems that the rear windows keep sticking and now they will not budge or go down anymore. the last time this happend i took it to the dealer since it was still under warrenty and they just replaced the whole assembly with a new motor and all the bits. but it has happend again and now the warrenty is up. does anyone else have this problem? it it sticking or did a linkage break? in my dodge caravan the passanger window recently broke, a plastic peice that held the window in place so the window could be pulled up snapped, cost me 200 and somethin bucks to fix one window. as it stands now both my rear windows do not work and if i dont open my driver and passenger side windows every day they will also stick?

are the tracks or cables, not sure what the intrepid has never took the door apart, rusting up? or is the weather striping melting itself to the window? this also happens in the winter so i do not think it is melting

also on a side note how do i know what version my intrepid is? like i see SE and stuff like that, i just got this car from my dad with 34k on it with a 3.2l engine all the factory upgrades and the autostic tranny for a great price so i sorta want to get it working right (windows)

·
Registered
298 Posts
You have a master switch on the drivers side that prevents the rear passengers from using the windows, is this depressed?

This will cause the passengers in the back from opening the windows.

Regardless you should be able to use the up down functions from the drivers seat .

My 99 had the passenger rear window motor replaced under warranty....

Thats where my son would sit and open and close the windows till I would power them off... needless to say it eventually went out.....

I was told that if you keep toggeling on and off they eventually fry the motor....
My son would use the switch as an accelerator and try to drive the car form the child seat.. I would play along with him every once in awhile and hit the accelerator and ask him to stop hitting the button...

Anyway....they are problematic...Would not hurt to take the door panel off and check
Do you have power to the switch at night..should light up? its a start...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm thanks ill try that, the thing is no one sat in these backseats to play with it except me and my dad is anal anways so i would never be able to play with the switch they just dont work. ill pop them off and check out the wiring and tracks and cables see if i can find anything

·
Registered
677 Posts
My rear left window didn't work for the first 8 months after I bought it - then a few weeks ago, it suddenly went down and back up without problems. Maybe it's just a loose connection somewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My '99 Intrepid has a similar problem. Sometimes the rear passenger side window will not respond to my driver's door master switch. If I reach over and use the window switch on the rear passenger door itself then that window will move up and down. After I use the rear passenger doors window switch a few times then my driver's door master switch will work again. This happens about once a month. I've thought it was just a quirk in my car, but maybe it is a common problem. Oh well, Chrysler did give us a bullet proof 2.7 engine and an amazing braking system so I guess we should just live with a quirk in the window connections.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i took off the pannel and took a look. i had to take off the motor housing where the magnets are and spun the brushed aprt by hand. it was like stuck, the com stuck itself to the brushes somehow but once i broke it loose by hand and put the window down with my hands one time it worked. put the motor housing back on and the window still works. did it to both my rear windows and no problems as of yet, guess ill have to see how long this lasts untill i have to figure something else out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts