DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the way home from school tonight I was lucky enough to find a 3 series owner who actually used their car for the purpose it was built for....yup, driving like the hounds of hell were nipping at your toes!!!

I was pulling onto the parkway and the Beemer was right on my ass just waiting for me to merge onto the parkay so he could zip past me. Well, instead, I merged early and he got stuck behind some slower driver in the slow lane. Well, he wasn't too happy about this so he got up right behind me and tailgated me about 3 inches from my rear bumper.

Now, I know that my 'Trep is no match for a 3 series...but in New York all cars are created equal due to one thing....TRAFFIC. It's all down to the driver and how well he/she can make use of the little spaces between the cars. I was determined that my mission in life was that there was no way in hell I was letting this friggin Beemer pass me....NO WAY!

So, I stayed in the fast lane and this guy was staying right on my butt. He tried to pass me on the right, and he came close too...but we made it up to another group of cars right before he could pull ahead.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was driving in NYC a couple of weeks ago. There's something about taxi drivers... I was waiting to make a left, and three taxis got to my right, hoping to jump in front of me. Let's just say that one of them ended up on the sidewalk, and all were left behind.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
on my way to minneapolis i rediscovered my asshole freeway technique that had fallen by the wayside in grand forks ND....by the time 10 over the limit was no longer keeping up with traffic i found a guy driving a slick looking black r/t and we turtle raced (turtle if you're going 80-85??) and wouldn't let anyone by unless they dipped around in the slow lane. only one guy did but motorcycles don't count.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get that way sometimes...

Sometimes it's ok to be the jerk I always say! :) Sometimes, I gotta be the guy in front. But for the most part I try and behave...but it's not easy all the time... :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Damn and I thought that was just me, I mean been the guy in the front of all the traffic, drives my other half crazy, but I hate waiting for people... Why is this I wonder??? Are we control freaks? Or plain
arrogant bastards! :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably a little of both... :)

The worst is when I'm behind a friggin SUV ... I can't see around them and then they go and drive slow in the fast lane.

I HATE THAT!!! :mad:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Now, I know that my 'Trep is no match for a 3 series...[/B]
Says who?

I raced with my coworker in his BRAND NEW 325 Ci and even though off the line he walked me I showed him what american torque was all about once we hit 30+ mph. I was actually surpised his 2.5 V6 was running so strong against my 3.5L but let's be fair. His engine is has 5K on the clock and is hooked up to a 5 spd and a RWD tranny(maybe 12-15% hp loss to the wheels). Where as my engine has 88K on the clock and is an auto hooked up to this crappy Dodge transaxle(30% hp loss to the wheels). So all and all I was VERY please when I was taking digital pics of him in my rear view when the race was over. I'll post them later :)

Buschman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts