DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if I have the right disconnect tool? The package says this one is for a Ford, but on the back it says it fits all Chrysler LS models too. Can anyone help? And if this isn't it, where do I get one from? Advance Auto only had this one... Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, well I went to AutoZone and got the other kind anyways. The round kind you place around the line. But can anyone tell me how I am supposed to use them? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
keybrdcowboy said:
Okay, well I went to AutoZone and got the other kind anyways. The round kind you place around the line. But can anyone tell me how I am supposed to use them? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for any help.
Those tools push a spring back that holds the joint together. Cleaning out the spring area with some cleaner to get the dirt out and some WD40 will help the spring move easier.

There are orings on the male part of the pipe and corrosion can start in there and make it very hard to separate a joint. You might have to use a bit of force if that is the case.

Good luck :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts