DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C EVAP.COIL needs to be changed. It costs me 600 something dollors in Dodge dealer. It that worth? I mean, can I get a better deal from other places?:biggrin:

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Year, make, model, engine, options?

Assuming you have a 2000 intrepid with a 2.7 V6, the part from Autozone is 170 bucks. It is a regularly stocked item at my store I shop at.

You will get similar prices at most aftermarket supply houses. Some parts people will try to steer you away from buying at those places, but I have personally never run into a problem.

600 from Dodge... part only, or is that installed and the AC pulled to a vacuum for 30 minutes and then charged properly?

The work to swap the condensor is not that difficult if you have the AC tools (disconnect tools) and the system already has ZERO pressure.

The more information you give, the better an answer you get.

·
Registered
689 Posts
$600.00 bucks is cheep considering you have to almost pull out the dash to replace the evap. Here in PA it is something like $1,000.00
Tom

·
Registered
430 Posts
My A/C EVAP.COIL needs to be changed. It costs me 600 something dollors in Dodge dealer. It that worth? I mean, can I get a better deal from other places?:biggrin:
did it spring a leak or is someone guessing at a diag? what's the problem you are having?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Heh, that's what I get for replying late in my day at work... Evaporator, not Condensor... sorry about that.

Yea, 600 isn't bad unless you want to get really familiar with how your dash is held in...
My local 5 star just quoted me $1100 parts and labor.

·
Registered
520 Posts
$600 total for parts and labor at a dealer is a great price. If you are going to keep the car I would have it done immediately, assuming you are sure that the evaporator is the problem. While they are in there, have them replace the heater core at the same time. It is likely to fail somewhere down the line, and this will be the cheapest way to insure against that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts