DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm, My A/C is kicking on by itself all the time for no reason at all.. When this happens my car runs not then my fan kicks on as well.. Any idea why A/C is kicking on by itself? Thank You...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Open your engine and pull the A/C Clutch relay and blow it out in the socket and make sure its fit snuggly. If its a little loose, everytime you hit a bump or something it may jiggle and cause the A/C to kick in. Do the same for the radiator fan high and low relays. I know my fuel pump relay is gay like that and sometimes I have to jiggle it and blow any dust or crap that gets in there for the car to start :mad:

You might want to go to a chrysler dealership and buy a new a/c clutch relay if that doesn't solve it. You have to go to a dealer or order for relay's, can't just buy them at autozone.

I'm assuming you know where the engine relay and fuse box is? If you don't, top right under the hood on the drivers side. The little 6x4 or 5 inch box.

I hope that helps because I thought my car had major probelms, but when I replaced most of my relay's and fuses all my power features starting working great.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Or I just disconnected it entirely. My system leaked out all the freon, so it was worthless running and sucking up my HP. Worst was when it would kick on by itself and I'd be trying to accelerate up on on-ramp onto a highway or something. So I just eliminated it all together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts