DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've noticed my a/c is not blowing as cold as it used to. I understand of course the hot sun will affect the performance, but even then the a/c just isn't cold as the previous summer. But one thing is for sure....it will get cold, so its not out of freon.

I've hearad of the notion that if the a/c blows cold air, it shouldn't be tampered with. But I'm thinking maybe adding a can of freon wouldn't hurt. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Check to see if it needs recharging even if it still blows somewhat cold. If that doesn't do it, check your compressor and see if it's operating correctly.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
rplate said:
Check to see if it needs recharging even if it still blows somewhat cold. If that doesn't do it, check your compressor and see if it's operating correctly.

I agree. Check your compressor. Otherwise just hook up to the low pressure side of the air conditioner and check how high the amount of freon you have in the air conditioner is.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Have you tried to re-calibrate your system ? Maybe your blender doors need to be reset.
I did it recently on my ATC, not sure what you have but I think there's a procedure for manual systems too.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

I appreciate the responses. Well I just got back from having the a/c pressure checked, and I was low on a can of freon.

Just only a year ago, I had the compressor, drier, accumalator replaced with new parts, plus I had everything vaccummed out and put in new freon/ester oil.

Well it seems I have a small leak, but no biggie. Hopefully this new can of freon will give my a/c a boost. If I have to put in a small can of freon next year, then so be it. Its quick and gives an added boost to the a/c. If its not broke, I dont want to mess with it.

Oh and I re-calibrated the system just a few months ago. I do it twice a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts