DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to go get my a/c recharged...but it didnt work. my compressor has the necessary pressure, its just that it doesnt want to switch on. i checked the relay and fuse, and both seem ok. any advice before i shoot myself?

Reactions: Daytrepper

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
Check the pressure transducer switch on the line from the compressor to the condenser. Also, just incase, the a/c clutch fuse is not the a/c system fuse. They snuck the a/c compressor power in with the cooling fan fuse. Everything else in the a/c runs thru the a/c fuse. Pull the fuse out and shake it to make sure the contact in the fuse isnt cracked. Look at it with a magnifying glass if you have to. I ran into this once and spent 2 hours checking everything else, and the fuse was cracked.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
uhh something else you may try,, with the ac turned on,, take a test light and check if you have power to the compresser clutch,, if you do,, ,, and you have to be careful if you do this,,,,, take a screwdriver and smack the front of the clutch with the car running,,,, if the clutch comes alive IE starts working ,, usually means the clutch is on its way out,, just a guess here,,,, let us know

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will do, thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they can see it if they try to recharge it...im not sure what the tool is called that they use...its the one that they fill the freon with. btw...had to get the compressor changed, and ive finally got a/c. too bad it wasnt something simple...this just pushes back my buying new tires and the exhaust x_X.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My A/C just wented out on me too. I went to a express Lube place thinking that I needed a recharge but the mechanic said that there was plenty of freon in it. My A/C will blow cool air but the settings are at the lowest. The mechanic stated that I might have a possible blockage in the hosing. Is this possible or do you think it's the compressor too? I wonder if I can do the work myself also. If possible, I would rather do it myself then spend money to get it fixed by someone. What do you think guys?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts