DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 intrepid ES with 36,000 miles and the a/c doesn't work. It worked 2 days ago but it won turn on. Usually when you turn on the a/c the car feels like it has a loss in power, its not doing that now, and when im at idle, in park and i turn it on the engine revs to 2000 rpm's. Maybe the cmputer is compensating for the additional load. I dont know, PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Do you feel that loss in power when you turn the front defrost on? If your A/C is working, you should feel that slight bump in power when you turn the front defrost on too since it activates part of the A/C system to remove moisture from the air inside the car.

If all you're basing this on is "I don't feel that loss in power anymore", I don't think there is anything wrong. When I first start up my car and turn the defrost on (as I've done a lot this winter), I don't notice it. After I've been driving for a while and the car is warmed up and I turn the defrost back on, then I usually notice it a little.

I don't know........just my two cents.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go get it checked at a shop. If you think you have a A/C problem, there is nothing you can do to fix it. You are most likely low on freon (all kinds of reason why).

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Time for a leak test. If its the condenser they should do it under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts