DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was diving home saturday afternoon I was on the 3 lane interstate traveling in the center lane. I came up on a black 300C to my right. He looked at the car when I came crusing past, then he backed off crossed over the lanes behind me and came up on the left side. You could tell he was checking out the trep, I thought it was pretty cool. Then I was coming up on traffic so pulled away and switched lanes, After we were clear he pulled up again, then jumped on it a little, so I did too. We ran it up to about 100 and then backed off. I think he was surprised he couldn't pull away faster than he did.
Saturday I came up on a 2002 black 300M special, kind of the same place and same reaction, only it was a woman driving the M and she didn't want to play

·
Registered
424 Posts
he has to be talking about the 5.7 because any second gen with the 3.5 ho will pull away from any lx v6 car. Atleast thats from my experience racing 3 different v6 chargers

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the Hemi C....and so you know when you are both rolling about 80, the hemi won't walk away as fast as you think. It will gradually pull ahead. The 3.5 breaths quite well on top end

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I've noticed this alot too.. these cars are like turbos.. most times a full launch from a stop and its really got nothing, but even from a 20km/h roll even these cars have alot more grunt to go with, tho it could just be the weight factoring in, when its already moving, its alot easier to get it moving faster than trying to get it motivated from a dead stop

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It was the Hemi C....and so you know when you are both rolling about 80, the hemi won't walk away as fast as you think. It will gradually pull ahead. The 3.5 breaths quite well on top end
I raced a Hemi C once.... It wasn't pretty He ran a 13.4 I ran a 17.2 :bash: That is in my slow ass Intrepid

I also raced a Daytona Charger once... on the highway at a 75mph roll...Yeah that wasn't pretty either I gunned it, he gunned it, and he was gone with the wind..

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
One thing the 3.3 Has always had over the rest of the motors, was the low end power. I have been able to get a pretty sizable jump on other cars (but they of course win most of the time)

Like when I raced a Mazada Speed 3 at the drags, I had him in the 60 foot easily, but otherwise I got wiped. But I bet he was pissed off for a second that my car was in front of him!

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From a higher speed start the 3.5 grabs pretty good. Having the bored out throttle body, CAI, better exhaust and the Special PCM helps quite a bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts