DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread for noises and decided i would ask to see if anyone could help me out. First, when i start the engine i get a high clickty clack noise, almost like when we were kids (7 years ago) we put playing cards between the spokes of our bikes. That sound but higher. Secondly, if i drive at relatively slow speeds with the windows open and the system off, i can hear a noise from my tires, it only appears when the wheels are moving, i was thinking maybe the huibcaps arent on right or something, and the air was making the sound, HELP!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am not sure if it is the same, but I had a air conditioning belt split and each time it went around it would click, at first I thought I had a lifter problem thank God it was just a $5 belt. And for the wheel noise if you have the steel rims with the center lug nut cover they will come loose over time and as the wheel spins create noise. I hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
If you have hubcaps you could always take them off to see if a stray rock got in there. Just a thought.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanks, but i know for a fact that it is not the A/c belt cause i just had iut replaced a month ago and they tightened it like a week later, the rock maybe, but it doesnt sound like a free body moving aorund, but im gonna take the hubs off and see it that works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts