DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my 3.5 seems underpowered. I can't say for sure b/c I've never driven another Intrepid, but when I had a hard time passing some jerkoff in a Saturn last week, I had to scratch my head. The only thing that really points to it running badly is that there is some hesitation when applying the gas from a dead stop. I usually end up getting a mild head jerk under normal acceleration. Should I be able to peal out with traction control off?...it's not even close it seems. Any ideas? I'm gonna continue to look for busted vacuum hoses in the next few days. I mean, she's a '93, but I've only got 65k on her.

Also, I want to upgrade my fog lights. I just put in some blueish HID headlights, but now the fog lights are weak in comparison. Anybody know what/where I can get them?

Finally, what's everybody's opinion on going to a flowmaster dual setup with the 40 series? Will I go deaf driving around town or will it only be throatier when I get into the gas?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hi Junior..

When did you last clean your Throttle body out?? Also the hesitation could be a indication of a shot Throttle Position Sensor.. I had the same thing on my old Shadow, Replaced the TPS and it was all good from there on..

Sorry, Cant relly help you with the light situation :)

Good Luck..

·
Registered
533 Posts
In regards to power. I would start checking spark. Then if spark is good. Replace your fuel filter. With that few miles you probably have not replaced it, but with that many years it would not be a bad idea. Try running a good fuel injector cleaner. I can't recommend any, but maybe someone else will. I have only used one I think it was called seafoam, but I am not sure. It helped. But I know nothing about it. Other than some mechanic friends recommended it, as did the auto parts person, whom I am friends with, so I trust. If neither of those works then I know not. Could be computer or something. With exhaust I would be careful you don't want to go to free flowing or you loose low end power. I would say that if you go duals you would want to drop down from 2 1/2". Myself I removed the muffler and put 2 90 degree elbows in where it was and left the resonator. Not much loss low end, but gained some top end. I am contemplating replacing the resonator with a better quality muffler just to get a little more back pressure (gain back the low end and keep the high end). I don't know what kind I'd go with, but if you run an exhaust search you will see a lot of others suggestions. Fog lights I know not about, but I want to know how to get them to come on with out turning the headlights on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been considering putting a new fuel pump in. I've been putting it off, though, because it seems like it might get a little too involved. Has anyone replaced one themself? If it wasn't that bad, then it's definitely something I'd like to try. What would a fuel pump go for? Is there such a thing as a performance fuel pump? :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts