DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im driving to work this morning and from the bottom of some hill comes this fuggin deer. im going about 45 and shes hopping at full steam. I Lock up the brakes and spin the Trep sideways. The Dumbass deer runs right into my drivers side door.

Then the mother F-er gets up and stumbles away. Chances are I'll be able to pull the dent out of the door, but i think i may be looking for a new front fender.

Anyone out there selling a drivers side front fender... rather cheap?

excuse the dirt and rain but it hasnt stopped Raining around here for weeks. But anyway... im pissed.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Maybe you should keep your eyes on the road and stop gazing towards the sky. ;) J/K

That sucks man. I routinely dodge deer in my neck of the woods. It's only a matter of time before I plant my nose into the body of one.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it came up a hill so as soon as it was visible, I slammed the brakes and cut the wheel. If i waited another second that thing woulda been up on my hood, through the winshield and in my lap.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
viprman said:
Maybe you should keep your eyes on the road and stop gazing towards the sky. ;) J/K

That sucks man. I routinely dodge deer in my neck of the woods. It's only a matter of time before I plant my nose into the body of one.
I have never even come close to a deer in all my driving here in wisconsin.

THing is.. now that I said that, i will probably find one tomorrow

·
9,861 Posts
Glad the damage wasn't more serious. Hope insurance covers everything.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have minimum coverage.... no insurance money at all. But i think ill have it done this weekend.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
eww ... that is why I take as much insurance as I possibly can. Especially in Canada. Where im from that deer situation is an everyday occurence.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I would really like it if I could carry a loaded rifle in my car within easy grasp so if I had about 5 seconds before impact I could pump a couple into bambi's dome. But people seem to get a little excited about that.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Nahhh, mount 50 calibre machine guns inside your fog light area. James bond style. Shred the little bastard before it has a chance to damage. :)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It doesn't look like you'll need a new fender from those pics. Ihad one that looked more damaged than that, and it came out good as new. Good luck getting her fixed, hope it's not too expensive.

·
Registered
586 Posts
That sucks man, i had a run in with a deer that killed my front end and hood. I made the poor thing launch very far. Havent had trouble with them since then thank god. Hope you get that all fixed and back to normal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey, take the door panel off, and pop a few of the dents out, till u can get it to the shop anyway.....OH, The deer hit u or YOU hit the deer? jk, oh wait, if i read ALL of your post then i think i just answered my own question.....god i love JD and coke, anyway, real sorry to hear that, and go find that damn deer, and KILL him!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
Nahhh, mount 50 calibre machine guns inside your fog light area. James bond style. Shred the little bastard before it has a chance to damage. :)
kinda like this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts