DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a different program that I can use to make duplicate copies of my DVD's? I have been using dvd shrink 3.1, but the newer movies for some weird reason do not want to cooperate with me or my current program.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I think the answer to your question is so obvious, that might be the reason why you can't see it. You said you use DVD Shrink 3.1. Well, the version that I use is DVD Shrink 3.2 and it has no problems copying the latest encryptions. Upgrade since it's free.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
There are other issues as well. I've had movies I had to use DVD Decrypter and some I had to use AnyDVD with.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done a google search for 3.2 and it seems that every link I go to such as dvdshrink.org/com tells me to use google to find a copy as US laws state they cannot direct you or give you a link. I found a butt-load of links onhow to use it....but no link for download.

·
Registered
795 Posts
THE place to go for burning questions (pun intended :) ) is here:

Afterdawn.com Forums

Anything you need to know about burning and how to beat the protection on newer media.

As a side note... I haven't had a problem with DVD shrink yet (burn quite a few new movies too. The one time I did have a problem I just ran it through DVD Decryptor first, then reauthored with shrink.

·
Registered
887 Posts
also www.vcdhelp.com is a good site. I'm not sure if it's even called that anymore, but it will redirect you nevertheless ;)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the links guys. As it stands right now, Ifeel like I have a 300 dollar paper weight on my desk. I did the DVD shrink 3.2 last night and tried that to make a duplicate copy of one of my movies. I didn't have a problem with the burn but rather the playback. So, I un-installed the 3.2 and it wiped out my old 3.1 version as well??? So I went back in and downloaded DVD shrink 3.2.15 ( I think thats what it is). I am using this in conjunction with Nero 6 which is compatible with DVD shrink. I have read over the guides on how to use 3.2.15 , I have done everything the same as I would have in 3.1 and still get choppy playback. Is it possible to have a batch of BAD blanks? I am at a loss right now.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It could very well be bad DVD-R's... or more likely they aren't compatible with your DVD player. Are you using a standalone DVD player or one that plugs into your computer? If it is one that's in your computer, you have a problem... if it's your standalone home theatre DVD player, you have a problem too :p but the problem would probably be incompatible media.

But if you are using the same media as before... just that new DVD's won't copy as well, I'm at a loss for words especially if you are going step by step through the guides with ill effects.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I have used many different media brands (mostly the cheapest ones I could find) and burned them with DVD Shrink 3.2 and haven't had any problems. The only problems that I could think of is that sometimes my older DVDrom drive can't seem to read thru some scratches or get a "cyclical redundancy" error so I just then pop the disc into the Burner Drive which is a brand new Dual Layer drive and that's able to read thru most scratches and avoid that whole cyclical redundancy error.

On very rare occasions, the new drive will fail to read and I'll have to copy the files to my hard drive first with DVD Decryptor then use DVD Shrink to copy. And then on super rare occasions, nothing will work.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm, I joined the forums at AfterDawn.com and have been asking a butt-load of questions. I downloaded Dvd Decrypter as well as DVD43...but Nero I assume is my default burning program unless I uninstall it. With dvd decrypter I tried mr and mrs smith and the bytes were 7,930,300,416 and it should be no more than 4,718,592,000 bytes. I cannot figure out fo rthe life of me even with reading the guide how to get the numbers down so it will fit on a disk. I understand that dvd shrink 3.2.15 will compress the files automatically in order to get it to fit on a disk and then go from there. God I have a headache!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
is not the movie on a dual laye? that is why its so large..you may have to go in and edit out, things like extras and sub titles....
Myself, for copying movies I use cloneDVD...or dvdSanta.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
I use DVDShrink (don't know which version) and most movies turn out fine for me. There have been a couple of DVDs which absolutely not burn no matter how many times I tried. Chrono Crusade Vol 1 and FLCL Vol 3 always returned errors on the DVDs using lots of different brands, different burn speeds, so on, so forth. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tell you what....I feel like an idot right now. I have been racking my brain asking questions, downloading this, downloading that, reading tutorial after tutorial trying to find a fool proof operation to rip/burn my DVD's....I read up on 3.2 (dvd shrink) and learned how to re-author etc...ran it through Dvd decrypter first (to play it safe) then ran it through shrink and finally burned it. I have been working on Fantastic 4 ALL DAY!!!!! I would put it in my home DVD player and it would glitch and freeze. I put it in our bedroom dvd player and it read it, played it fine...no problems. All of this BS and I am thinking it is not bad blanks, or the burn process...I think I need a new DVD player. My wife looked at me today after my 6th attempt at Fan 4 and said "I told you its the player..." I have wasted about 16 blanks to find out it is the freaking player! AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a dork.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i did not read most the posts in here but i always just used anydvd when decrypting in dvddecryptor and it takes out all those pesky lil problems in burning/ripping

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
If you've got Nero 6 you can use Recode to shrink the entire DVD or just the main movie. I'm not sure of earlier versions of Nero. With recode there's no extra software or steps to decrypt or burn...everythings done within Nero.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wait till you play with Nero 7.......much more friendly, and faster...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah...but 99% of all of the reviews about it, it has an assload of bugs. Most of the reviews say that Nero 6 is the best. I am gonna play with DVDFab platinum tomorrow...30 day free trial.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts