DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was just looking at what kind of rims I would like to find for my Intrepid, and saw this auction that apparently will chrome plate your stock ES wheels. I don't know if I like the wheels with that finish but it might be a nice option for some of us who can't decide which wheels to get. Apparently you ship them your wheels and they will chrome plate them for a price. I'm not sure if I would trust a service like this but its an idea and thought people might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODG...hZ019QQitemZ8072057650QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Josiah

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Did you get that link mixed up with another one? I took a look at that particular auction and it looks like they're 4 new chrome plated wheels for $575+shipping. I didn't see anything that said exchange or send us your wheels. If they really are new without exchange then that's a great deal.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh... I could have sworn it said exhanged wheels. I guess they are just a company that chromes OEM wheels and sells them. Still a decent idea i guess. Sorry!

Josiah

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
You prolly heard me say 100 times, but I grabbed my '02 chrome momentums from any ebayer for $300 when they were only a year old. Deals are out there if you're patient...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IntrepidBus IV said:
You prolly heard me say 100 times, but I grabbed my '02 chrome momentums from any ebayer for $300 when they were only a year old. Deals are out there if you're patient...
Don't get me wrong, I love your wheels but they aren't really the style I'm looking for. I'd like something at least 18" with a little more low profile of a tire. Hence the Charger wheels or the 300m special wheels on my spring to-do list.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IntrepidBus IV said:
Oh ok bluez bro, sounds like you were looking for a factory upgrade there! I just stuck with 16's for economic reasons myself!
I'm not sure yet on my wheel choice. I've thought of everything from your style wheel to Avenger's style 20" wheels. I'll have a while until i'm in a good financial position to drop cash on wheels and tires.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have gotten two sets of wheels from OEM wheels, the chrome finish is outstanding, triple coated, Copper, Nickel, Chrome.

These are probably on clearance, if they have not had interest on wheels for awhile, they just sell the set they have.

You should see their warehouse, rows and rows of chrome wheels.

I just did a chrome exchange for the factory wheels on my wife's new Ford 500.

Charles

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MathWiz said:
I have gotten two sets of wheels from OEM wheels, the chrome finish is outstanding, triple coated, Copper, Nickel, Chrome.

These are probably on clearance, if they have not had interest on wheels for awhile, they just sell the set they have.

You should see their warehouse, rows and rows of chrome wheels.

I just did a chrome exchange for the factory wheels on my wife's new Ford 500.

Charles
Thanks, I'll consider them in the future. Maybe I'll get a set of those Charger or 300m wheels and have them chromed.

Josiah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts