DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, when I had my old 3.5L, Gen.1, Intrepid ES, I would drive to my high school every morning. My high school was a ways off, 7 miles by back roads, around 15 by highways, so when I was adventurous (most times in the spring because for some reason that's when all drivers feel the need to test out their engines) I would take the highway and spend more on gas.

Anyways, when I would take the highway, I would leave my house at around 6.35/6.40 each morning, and I would somehow always perfectly mesh with this ~2003 Dodge Ram that was also going north where the two highways joined (481N and 690E, for CNY residents). Now this guy had a BIG truck, and anyone who knows a Ram can tell you it is a monster. And my (originally) beige, 1994 Intrepid was certainly a whole lost menacing than this Red HEMI'd mammoth. I also had something he didn't, namely a radar detector.

So, every morning when I could find him, I would get right behind him and cruise out to my school at speeds between 100 and 120 MpH. And when you're right behind someone like that, you don't even realize you're going that fast. Yes, I know it was dangerous and I would never drive like that on a regular basis now that I've matured some, but it was sure fun at the time. And now when I talk to people about how fast I've driven, I can claim that 120MpH speed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts