DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was looking around on ebay and came across some nifty looking guauges from a Sebring I dont know what it is that makes me like these gauges but they look nice

without actually having one with me, to take measurements, on each the over all size of each individual gauge(the individual circles inside the cluster) seems to be like the Intrepid/Concord sizes

My idea would be to dis-assemble both sets of gagues kinda like you were installing one of those reverse EL kits, but "peel" the OEM face off the sebring one, and apply it to the Concorde/Intrepid, it would be nice to have a inst. cluster to play with it right now, cause if the faces of each gauge were seperate this would seem very possible, and the outcome could be pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i agree man, those sebring gauges look sweet, it'd be cool to see them in your M

haha, you going out to wareham? :D
o hey, if you are, do you mind picking me up a visor clip??
i'd appreciate it
i'll hit you with a pm...

·
Registered
931 Posts
the only problem being that the opening for the odometer display is bigger on the sebring, but as far as the face, theres really no dissasembly needed, take the plastic cover off, and lift the gauge face right up.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
The entire gauge cluster might end up working in the LH... Never know until you try it ;)

The newer sebrings share quite a bit of interior components with the LH line. Steering wheel, Seat Frames, etc... the 05' sebring i sat in at last years Auto show also had what looked to be a 1st gen LH mirror control switch.

·
Registered
931 Posts
LHSDriver01 said:
The entire gauge cluster might end up working in the LH... Never know until you try it ;)

The newer sebrings share quite a bit of interior components with the LH line. Steering wheel, Seat Frames, etc... the 05' sebring i sat in at last years Auto show also had what looked to be a 1st gen LH mirror control switch.
yea, it seems like the gauge faces are all lined up, just swap them into an intrepid cluster and figure out a clever way to cover up the extra gap where the odometer displays and you should be technically good to go.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
IS300M said:
I did try this, and it did not work, but I am sure that if you actually spent more time then I did at the junk yard, you could make it happen.
What did those gauges look like, just normal Sebring ones or what ?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I think a very determined person could probably make whatever faceplate you want, with a little photoshop effort, and a decent photo printer.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts