DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walk in to D.T. after they called me and said my Kumho 732's were in, and ask the guy how long it would be. He says, "who called you and said they were in?" I tell him and he shakes his head and walks into the shop area. He comes back in and says, "I can't find 732's or even 795's in your size". I explain that I'm taking a half-day off work to get tires put on TODAY. He says "give me a second." I wait around and he says, "here's what I can do. I can put you in 4 Pirelli p3000s for the same price as the Kumhos, and knock off 23 dollars for the premature wear on your old front (732's) tires." I tell him to knock off the extended warranty. Deal. 297 bucks and I drive out with the Pirellis to the alignment shop... With the new rack bushings, cradle bushings, inner tie rod bushings, fresh alignment, and new, balanced tires, I feel like I'm driving a new car! Two Saturdays of gruntwork was well worth it. For once in my life I did everything in a concise orderly fashion and it paid off.

Oh... did I mention that I switched wallets the night before and when I went to pay, my debit and credit card where sitting safely at home on my coffee table??? Luckily my wife was off, and I had my cell phone (and she actually answered hers!) :couto:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
i've always had good experiences with discount tire. my buddy is friends with the manager of one up by his house and got me tires for my intrepid at damn near their cost.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
how much for the set of tires balanced and put on for?, and how are pirelli tires for The 2-Gen Treps?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much?

Four, out the door for $297. I got "special" pricing (see above). I have a Gen1 Concorde, and they drive very well, great wet traction is what I've noticed most. Very smooth, quiet ride. But I was driving 4 baldys, so My observations are skewed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts