DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just thought I would share with everyone on todays dealer experience, since its very rare that we hear a good story regarding dealers.

This past weekend I noticed that my tranny was leaking fluid from the gasket. I had the tranny serviced 15K miles ago so I didn't understand why the gasket had worn out so quick.

So I drove down to my local dealer, CHRYSLER NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICE in IRVINE CA, and told them about the problem.
Expecting to argue with them, I talked to my service manager about the problem. He took my keys, got my car up in the air and had a look at it. It looked like the gasket failed for some reason at 15K miles, which I had never had happen before. Service manager comes back and gives me the news.....he says, "well the gasket is busted so i'll get you a new one. Since we got everything oppened up you want me to do another tranny service?" Not having to think twice about it I said yes due to how hard I drive the car. 30 minutes later he hands me my keys and a $10 bill. I say to him "whats this, only $10 bucks?" Service manager says "yup. Thats it. The gasket should not have failed that quick so I figured I would make it up to you since you always bring your business here, along with your friends." A tranny service usually runs around $300 bucks. What was the $10 bucks for you ask? The tranny filter, and that was all I paid for.

So if you're ever in the So Cal area and need parts or service make sure to look up the guys at CHRYSLER NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICE. Ask for Richard the service manager or Branden in the parts department. These guys are top notch and i've never had a problem with them.

THE END

:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cool. Good to know cause I have friends in Irvine and go there often... Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was impressed with the local dealership....they did my injector o-ring recall....did some good quality work. Even replaced a worn hose. Cost $0....should i of had gas leaking from the injectors in the first place....no....but if all dealships have that kind of service dodge has a good remedy to their problems.

This dealership does chrylsers and nissans so maybe the quality is from the foriegn side of the shop? Not to say that chrylser does a bad job, just to say that many have had issues, so maybe finding a dealership that sells Nissans is a good thing.... what did the dealership you went to sell?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts