DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to adjust the headlights on a 2nd Gen 'trep, and aim them around? I had to replace mine and I'm trying to fine tune the throw of the lights.
Thanks

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've never actually done it...but the basic process is to park on a flat, level surface and turn the adjustment screws until the bubble in the built-in gauge reads level. It may also be helpful to do this parked in front of a garage or building with the lights on so you can see where the beams are pointing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there isnt a screw around the low-beam light, but there are larger white plastic screws placed around the assembly... you talking about these to adjust?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Working from memory here:

Park car 25' from wall, on level surface. Measure up from ground to center of lights & distance between lights. Transfer marks to wall with tape. Aim lights at marks.

I'm pretty sure that is all of it. I am sure of the 25' distance.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i just did mine a few days ago. park in front of something that isnt well lit. aim headlights. drive around and if you like placement on the road your done. if not then aim higher or lower. repeat for fogs. i didnt measure or use tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts