DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the weekend of November 2, 2001 I took the comprehensive exam for my Masters Degree in Educational Technology from San Diego State University. The exam is sent out on Friday at noon, there are six questions. Each candidate must select two questions and write a 10-page response for each supported by research. Both are due in the department office by noon on Monday. I worked all weekend getting only about eight hours sleep between Friday and Monday, I was up all night on Sunday and finished about 8:00 on Monday morning.

My friends that have passed recommended that I had a mental diversion to use to relax during the weekend. My mental diversions were taking walks and surfing the forums at DI.Net. Your posts and exchanges were a welcome enjoyment during a very stressful weekend. I just got this email this afternoon:
Charles,

The Faculty of the Department of Educational Technology have completed evaluating your final comprehensive examination for the Master's Degree.

We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the exam and that we will so inform the Graduate Office of the College of Education.

Thank you all for your help.

Charles
:) :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Congratulations! I know that has gotta be extremely stressful. I'm glad that you found a "safe haven" from the brain drains of studying. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congratulations! :D :D :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations MathWiz.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
congrats, mathwiz...does this mean now when i have problems with my differential equations you are the first man i should turn to? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
congrats, mathwiz...does this mean now when i have problems with my differential equations you are the first man i should turn to? :)
I'd say find a math major or a really dedicated engineering student. My friend just got his Masters in Education and knows very little beyond about Algebra II...it's just not needed when you teach High School and below.

skellyo
...been through Diff EQ and hated it

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by skellyo:
I'd say find a math major or a really dedicated engineering student. My friend just got his Masters in Education and knows very little beyond about Algebra II...it's just not needed when you teach High School and below.

skellyo
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......don't tell anyone I have a BS in Engineering.... :D

Congrats Mr.Miz. You da man! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......don't tell anyone I have a BS in Engineering.... :D

Congrats Mr.Miz. You da man! :)
Ok, I won't tell anyone if you don't tell anyone I have a BS in engineering also.

skellyo
...BSEE by the way

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
Originally posted by skellyo:

skellyo

I do have two degrees in Math, but I still hate Diff/Eqs.

Originally posted by MoparHead:
Congratulations!! So what is next for Mr. Wiz?

:)
Looking at starting a Doctorate Program in the fall.

Thanks again to everyone for your comments

Charles

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by MathWiz:
I do have two degrees in Math, but I still hate Diff/Eqs.
Holy Cow! You are a glutton for punishment, eh? :D

I should have known you were into math with that user name of yours.

skellyo

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Allright, someone to send our subnetting problems to! :)

Actually, I kinda like subnetting...makes me feel ilke I'm back in Algebra or sumthin' ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats!! :) That is totally awesome I am in college right now and I don't even know why I am still here because it's so damn hard. :(

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
School is starting to get old.. and I have only been here for 2 1/2 years! How do you guys do it?!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts