DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting story...I'm debadging the trep, right... so I dont have a heat gun like the service manual says to use...or a hair dryer...but I do have a blowtorch. In a momentary stroke of genius or insanity, I decided to use the blowtorch to remove the badges all the way around...What am I gonna do? Ruin the paint? lol...so all goes as planned until I start removing the drivers side door trim-bumpy-stoppy-thingy when, I noticed that Dodge convenitly forgot to spray color under the trim...but only the driver's door, not the other three. =\
I have to to pick some more adhesive remover after school to finish the job but I'll post up some more pics after I'm done...

The hood

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
could have been in a shop, maybe she was hit in the driver door at one time in her life?, could of happened pal!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that I think about it, judging from the condition of the car at the time I bought it...Probably so. There was a coffee stain on the HEADLINER in the BACK SEAT passenger side that took me an hour to get off, so anything is possible.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I hope you realize before you go off blowtorching your other badging (that is if you haven't finished it already) that you can get them off perfect with no paint damage with a heat gun/hair dryer.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think we can add another nominee to DAOTM for January (along with the poor guy who ripped his bumper). You are taking a.......BLOWTORCH?! to your car? I didn't use a hair dryer/heat gun to remove my badging...just kind of pried at it with my fingers then applied 3M adhesive remover with a cloth. Now if you really want to have fun with a blow-torch.......

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just used a guitar pick I had in my pocket and some 'glue be gone' to get rid of the adhesive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I used a blowtorch, But I didn't hold the flame to the car. I held it out far enought that it just blew hot air at it.

AND, I did this because I DON"T HAVE A HEAT GUN/ HAIR DRYER. LOL, Read the post again.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
lmfao!, you guys are too much!, lol!, ;) , I used an old credit card with care,a nd some goo be gone, worked like a charm, I also used some paint cleaner, wax, and a glaze to finish her off!, W/ Beautiful results!;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phuckin Phil said:
Well it looks like you need a new paint job anyways.... :)
Yes she needs some paint, but that's later in the year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts