DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm officially on a 5 day vacation and figured I'd get a few mods done that I would normally not have time to do during the work week. Some are as follows:

- "tint" ATC, EVIC, etc. blue or red
- Foglight Reflector mod (and bulbs)
- Finish debadging

So my problem is this: I've tried a few different times to make the blue color I want from the ATC and I can't figure out how to make it a "dark" enough blue, without it still looking green, yet not have it be so dark I can't see it. I'm trying a "different" technique that involves putting clear packing tape over the glass screen section, once disassembled, and painting light coats of transparent blue model car paint over the tape. This may sound ghetto to some but I think it will work once I find the right method or color. Basically right now I only have a slightly darker, slightly bluer version of the original screen, and its now more of a teal color, instead of a true blue that I would like from it. I know that the stock bulbs aren't super white, and the stock screen is colored green, but I know there is a way to do it. I'm considering adding a tad of black or purple to the clear blue and seeing how it looks, but would love some input before I do anything else. With the tape and paint method I can try virtually any combination but I only have so much paint lol.
Also, is there an easy way to tint the gear letters/numbers next to the shifter?

Thanks!!
Josiah

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
try a light store, for like drama performances or local schools. Thats where i got this thick blue clear film. It should be dark enough for ur ATC.

Why not do a fog projector retro LOl... check out my how to.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'll skip this mod at least until I start doing more interior stuff. Its bugging me too much. Like trying to get something to work perfectly and you think you know how to do it and you can't get it just how you want it, thats the worst feeling for me lol. I tried literally all day to make a hole in my center trim piece for my punch bass controller and finally got it in correctly. I should put that in my sig thread. Thanks for the tips though, I'll think about what i want to do with the ATC and other light sources.

Thanks,
Josiah

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an update on this little post I made a while ago. I found a few different sources where I can buy blue window tint or blue lighting gels. A few questions:

1) Anyone else try either method? How good were the results?

2) Do I tape or glue this material on?

3) Any heat issues with either material?

Thanks!

Josiah

·
Registered
165 Posts
i did my gauges with about 3 layers of electric blue window tint from advance auto parts....total cost $15.....you should probably give that a try... there are no issues with heat

hopefully this helps you..good luck, and cant wait to see some pics of it once its done!!`s

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I searched eBay, one of my favorite sites, lol. I found some neat packs of lighting gels for like 13 shipped. One has sheets of 2 red, 2 blue, 2 purple, 2 yellow that would be perfect if i want to experiment with different combinations or shades. I was actually going to buy the same tint film that you were talking about before, but decided i wanted the variety pack so i could mess with it a little. Thanks for the input and I'll be sure to let everyone know once I get this mod rolling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts