DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was the end of an era...
The Cappy was traded in last night.
It didn't want to start when we took it to the dealer for the trade in!!!

4 years, 65k miles.....good times, good times!!!

Here is the replacement...

2006 Focus ZX4 SES
2.0L DOHC 4-cyl 136 HP
The color is called CD Silver Clearcoat Metalliac
Factory MP3 player

It had 250 miles at the time of delivery.....
We got a really good deal.
This is my first new car purchase in 17 years....
This is Lisa's first new car purchase EVER....

Let the fun begin!!!!!

BTW, there is nothing on Earth like the New Car Smell!!!!

:D

Reactions: froggy81500

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Your gonna catch a lot of crap from a lot of people on this site, but honestly, for the money, a Focus is one of the best cars you can buy.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Nice, I wouldnt mind seeing more pictures in the day. My friend has a Focus, there nice cars. But IMO any 4 door car is nicer than 2 door cars. Do you have any plans for this car?

·
Banned
72 Posts
TehKing said:
Your gonna catch a lot of crap from a lot of people on this site
Why would that be? Ford focus is a very intelligent choice. Nice looking car too.
I can't see any reason someone would take crap for choosing a car like that.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
Why would that be? Ford focus is a very intelligent choice. Nice looking car too.
I can't see any reason someone would take crap for choosing a car like that.
I'm actually going to have to agree.

I forget who, but someone else recently got a Focus. I don't recall seeing any Focus bashing about that. Perhaps I just didn't see those threads. I dunno.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Warlord187 said:
I'm actually going to have to agree.

I forget who, but someone else recently got a Focus. I don't recall seeing any Focus bashing about that. Perhaps I just didn't see those threads. I dunno.
It was Tim, 01RedMS, and there was plenty of ball-busting.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Anbody gonna bash the new Saturn Ion my wife and I picked up in January? Good on gas, fun to drive with the 5 speed (although they could have geared it differently or went with a 6 speed) and the price was right. Not to mention the 0% finacing for 4 years. A no interest loan, can't beat that. We took the $3000 of negative equity in her Sebring and rolled it into this loan. Based on calculated depreciation and the fact that its no interest, we'll be into positive equity in 2 years.

I looked at the Focus. Not bad but Ford at the time just didn't have the deal I was looking for. Besides that, my wife had a Saturn when we met and loved it. My parents had 2 new Saturns before with minimal issues and loved them also. Shadowvox6, you found a nice ride, and got a good deal in the process, kudos to you. Nothing to be ashamed of if you like it and the price is right. BTW, nice avatar!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Freind had a focus ZX3. Thing was fun and fast with the z-tech motor and 5 speed. only put about 6000 on it and sold it. He didn't like how it handled in the winter for one and the other it was a ford(haha...not even sure why he bought it) ended up buying a s-10 instead. yea yea...is a truck but I been in the focus and my caviler did better than that thing in the snow!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice car, but we need pics taken during the day. Have a co-worker and relative that both have a Focus. A great car from what I have seen. Have fun!

froggy81500 said:
Anbody gonna bash the new Saturn Ion my wife and I picked up in January?
Not me. I have had the same Saturn since '93 and loved it every step of the way. Of course it will be going away in July when the Xterra arrives that I ordered!

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gazetowardthesky said:
BTW... Kenny (mobbdeep) was looking to get ahold of you.
Thanks Gaze...
I'll give him a yell!!

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some daytime pics...after the dealer had completed the detail job on the car:

Looks better now!!!

Car is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've personally never liked the design of the focus... from it's conception. That and, I can fart with more horsepower than that engine has ;P.

But hey.. to each his own. Long as you're happy w/your purchase

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My wife loves it.
Got the windows tinted, got the "Lunchbox" muffler removed, and installed a Flowmaster stainless tip. I also have installed a shorty billet antenna...
30+ MPG, 2100 miles.....all is well!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts