DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i'm getting hired in full time at my job. I heard from other employees i get the A Plan, and/or a 3,800 dollar discount on all cars except Ford and Foriegn. If this is true i think i'm going to hold off on getting a honda right now. But what i want to know is what is an a plan and can someone explain it to me or give me a website that explains it. If i can get a discount or w/e i think i might try and get my the Neon SRT-4....that beats a civic anyday hehe!!!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
the preferred plan programs allow you to purchase vehicles at fleet pricing rates

generally you contact either your HR or fleet department and prearrange the pricing, they will then forward you paperwork to bring to the dealer. When you present this you get an automatic price of cost plus whatever % your corporate discount is

why don't you talk to your HR rep, they will steer you in the right direction

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have never used my "A Plan" new cars just do not hold their value so I look for the slightly used cars to buy.

I got my trep for 13,500 with just 18,000 miles on it.,

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yeah, unless you plan to keep the car for over 120k, its better to buy slightly used.

Got mines when it was 19 months old with 20k for 13,750.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Word to the wize...Do the math on the APR unless you are paying cash. When I bought the Strat for $18K the payments were $1.00 per month LESS than a used Monte I ws looking at for $14K, and I didn't even get the Zero APR, but got 2.9.
Without the Zero APR we never could have afforded the R/T...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
jfsram said:
APR is not zero percent. It's Above Prime Rate.
So if the prime rate is 4.5. Then your intrest rate is 4.5.
Huh?? You just confused me. Is it different in Canada?? Here in the states, Zero Interest is just that, zip, nada, nothing. The price paid for the Trep is exactly what I am shelling out and not a penny more. I do direct payment so I don't even have to pay for stamps every month. And, I earn interest on the money in the bank while waiting for the payment to be due.

'Splain yourself, Lucy...

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Yeah, check with your HR dept. I was bored at work today and checked on our company website concerning vehicle purchasing discounts. It states under the DaimlerChrysler area that discounts do not apply to the any Mercedes, Crossfire, Viper and SRT-4 plus other vehicles to be named later. My guess is, if DCX doesn't allow the SRT-4 to be purchased under our plan, it won't for your plan either.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THATS BULLSHIT!!!! damn, lol

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I tried getting an SRT-4 w/ DCX discount. No dice.

Chrysler figures, they're not going to have problems selling this vehicle, (even thou there's an SRT-4 that's been on this one lot for about 6 months now)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
bongobobny said:
Huh?? You just confused me. Is it different in Canada?? Here in the states, Zero Interest is just that, zip, nada, nothing. The price paid for the Trep is exactly what I am shelling out and not a penny more. I do direct payment so I don't even have to pay for stamps every month. And, I earn interest on the money in the bank while waiting for the payment to be due.

'Splain yourself, Lucy...
APR can stand for a couple things. Annual percentage rate which is just that. Hopefully that's what it really is.

The other is the SCAM some car sales lots pull. They hang the big sign out front or in the newspaper ad. Zero or 1 % APR.
Customer comes running in to take advantage of the deal and signs without reading the fine print on the loan.
Surprise! The fine print read APR (above prime rate) So if the prime rate is 4.5% today. Customer just got jammed with finacing his car for 4.5% + Zero = 4.5% or 4.5% + 1% = 5.5%.

Bottom line, do you own math and protect yourself.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
jfsram said:
APR can stand for a couple things. Annual percentage rate which is just that. Hopefully that's what it really is.

The other is the SCAM some car sales lots pull. They hang the big sign out front or in the newspaper ad. Zero or 1 % APR.
Customer comes running in to take advantage of the deal and signs without reading the fine print on the loan.
Surprise! The fine print read APR (above prime rate) So if the prime rate is 4.5% today. Customer just got jammed with finacing his car for 4.5% + Zero = 4.5% or 4.5% + 1% = 5.5%.

Bottom line, do you own math and protect yourself.
Thanks for the info. I've never heard of APR standing for Above Prime Rate. That's nice to know, so that the next time I go, I really check what it is. I always just assumed it meant Annual Percentage Rate, which is what those bloodsuckers are hoping we all do.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ok, you Finance people :lol:

APR mean that the interest is compounded. I can explain when I have more time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts