DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2001 Concorde LXi(3.2), it's been making a noise as of late but it's somewhat rare. It's a rather faint but high pitched squeeking sounds, similar to one you sometimes hear when certain cars break, as I said though it's very faint. This doesn't happen when I am under major acceleration or during breaking. It happens at about any speed, from say 30 to 65 miles an hour. I think it seems to happen more often under very slight acceleration. I can't really figure out where it's coming from. It doesn't seem to affect anything physically, but I am just curious if anyone has any ideas.:mg:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Didn't see how many miles you had.

It could very well be your brake "squeakers" that tell you that the pads are wearing thing....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't really seem to get faster as the car speeds up, and the particular sound never happens when breaking. It isn't very consistant, it just seems to happen sometimes. I can only really hear it if the radeo and everything is off.. Dunno if I can explain it much better. The car has about 70k on it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After paying attention to it today, I don't even think it is necessarily because of the wheels. It seems to be more specifically under very slight acceleration. If I let of the gas it ceases making the noise.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think I have a bearing going on my front right wheel, either that or a caliper which is sticking a little bit.

You might have something similar going on..

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have this squeak that seams to come infrequently from the trannsmission under harder acceleration. it used to only be when i was in auto stick w/ higher RPM but it did it today under hard acceleration in regular drive. its a brief high pitches squeal. i dont know if thats anything you have but it sounds similar to mine. i have no idea whats going on. i hope the tranny isnt going bad.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The last thing sounds about right. It seems like it's more from under the hood or something, not directly related to the wheels (although a tranny is pretty close). I don't know though, because like I said it almost never happens, never under hard acceleration, and if it does (which is rarely) happen is under very slight acceleration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts