DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just found this site this morning by searching for Dodge Intrepid on my Lycos search. All in all a nice site.
I've had my Intrepid since we {my wife and I } bought it new in 96. I've had Dodges/ Mopars all my life since the 66 Coronet I got from my Grandma neighbor to the Chargers and Imperials, Rams and last but not least my humble base model Intrepid.
I'm also into Yamaha Banshees and I'm constantly on BansheeHQ.com .
I've been happy with my Intrepid so far but it's showing a little age. I have the cold weather clunking in the steering and now the air doesn't work.
I've read pretty much every posting on the site and it gave me a good overview BUT...
1- Can someone direct me to the page {if there is one} that shows where the bushings are that cause the clunking?
2- Can someone dirct me to the page {if there is one} that shows me where the A/C switch is that seems to cause the A/C clutch to not engage?
3- Can someone advize me on which is the best shop manual to buy?
Right now I have an 88 Lincoln LSC with under 89K miles which is an awesome car if I could keep it from falling apart.
I want to bail on the LSC and get the wife a 2nd gen Intrepid and I'll use the 96 as a project :)
A few 2nd gen questions...
1- Are they prone to breakdown? It seems the 2.7? engine would be pretty small for a car that size.
So what should I look for/ ask about when buying a used 2nd gen Intrepid.
I'm also looking into the LHS so if anyone has any good "watchlist" stuff on them I'd appreciate that too.
If you'd rather not post all the replies on the forum here, youcan email me direct... [email protected]

And Thanks for the website!!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts