DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the front struts on our 2003 Dodge Intrepid (80k miles). I used the Monroe Quick Struts from Rock Auto...of course, after doing the job is when I see the write up on previous poor experiences. But hopefully those quality issues have been resolved. Overall, I was impressed with the out-of-box appearance and quality of these units, but we'll see how they hold up over time.

Anyway, because our vehicle was always stored outdoors and we are in a rust-belt state, the undercarriage components are pretty corroded. The biggest pain of the job for me was removing the tie-rod end ball joint nuts, and the swaybar links.

If I were to do this over, I would suggest to just plan to replace the swaybar links as well, when replacing the struts. That way, you only have to fight to remove one of the swaybar link nuts (the nut that connects to the swaybar). The old link would stay attached to the strut, but you're throwing it all out, anyway. This would have saved me quite a bit of time on each side, and the swaybar endlinks aren't that expensive (they almost pay for themselves in the amount of time saved).

Today, it's on to replacing the A/C receiver/dryer and charging the A/C system.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts