DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice, A few mods and you oughta rematch.

You can see the 3.3 is a lower end power house compared to a top end motor like what the civic had.

Better intake, Exhaust and I bet u could get him!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mods I already had:
CAI (Cone filter) and no cat.

Besides that I:

-Inflate the front tires 35 psi
-Ditch out the spare, tools, and everything I could get rid off.
-Learn the best way to launch (Right here in DI.net, somebody, -somewhere made a thread about it) Basically, I held it with the brakes @ on 2500 RPM on 3rd, stomp on the gas while releasing the brakes and off you go.

And yes, we totally own the hondas at the low end side..but that VTEC and that little motors still have stem at high revs.

One doubt though...I drove it in 3rd all the way...Wonder what could had happened If I switch to "D"...

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
R u sure this is your car? I think I have seen this video before.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nhogan:

Yes, this is my car...I used to be THIRD DAY on 2006, and I posted it then...But being this a nice vid, I wanted to share it again.

I didn't notice about the clutch slippin'...I was concentrated on getting the lead, hehehe!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A little analogy to expand what 3.2 Trep just wrote:

San Diego, California, USA=Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico

A little history:
Mexico used to own whole California, New Mexico & Texas, but a dumb ass president sold it (Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana), hence the names of many cities: San Diego, Los Angeles, El Paso, San Jose, San Antonio, etc.

·
Registered
539 Posts
A little analogy to expand what 3.2 Trep just wrote:

San Diego, California, USA=Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico

A little history:
Mexico used to own whole California, New Mexico & Texas, but a dumb ass president sold it (Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana), hence the names of many cities: San Diego, Los Angeles, El Paso, San Jose, San Antonio, etc.
That was kind of a bad move from Mexico back then...

There's also a city named 'San Bruno' :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
You don't like mods or the gf/wife won't let you? :p (broma)

That 'baja 1000 race' is that a movie?
LOL.. Noup, I really don't like mods too much. Are you serious you don't know the Baja 1000 Race ? That's not a movie.. It's a Rally race that occurs in Baja California (North) once a year and comes lots of people from all arround the globe.. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts