DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at a friends house at a party last night, and i wanted to move the car out of the driveway so i would be able to leave when i wanted. I went to put it behind this guys truck, and went thru a ditch ans my front end slammed against the sidewalk, scraped up the bottom passenger side on the front under the foglights like something fierce, popped out a buch of the plastic clips that hold up the bottom guard...

sniffle....looks bad, gotta take it and get it fixed, even contemplating a new front since it's now has creases as well as big scrapes...

F*CK!
F*CK!
F*CK!
F*CK!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude! I have a fellow Intrepid owner at work and we swear they have a dent gremlin all over them. It wasn't but a couple of weeks after I picked mine up and backed up into a pole that was thin enough to fit in the blind spot when you aren't using your mirrors. DUH! Anyway...that was 1200 bucks ago. Oh, then I can't forget the bird that flew into my door OTW to Dallas(who knows where the bird was going) goin 90 or so. Or when my wife backed her Toyota into the fron't end...how can you miss this car?....
All said and done...a paint shop here knows me well.
I feel your pain brother!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I once lost control of the car and plowed the front end into a snowbank. it poped off the bottom thing, I just got some new clips and put it back up, no harm was done!! :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, we picked up the clips last night, and i was able to pop them back in today, the scratches are bad, but can probably be buffed out/painted over, some of em are deep tho, but almost on the underside.

I just got back from washing it all down and all. as I was pulling it into the driveway, it started pouring, as it is now as i type this...
what a weekend. :mad: :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
I need to get some clips too, a few days ago I ran over a piece of carpet that was laying in my lane on the highway and it tore a bunch of those clips off!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
If you want to use something stronger then those clips and probably alot cheaper...just get black plastic zip-ties. That stupid black plastic air dam was always having the clips getting broken off it everytime I went up a steep entranceway into a parking lot. Ever since I used the zip-ties, not one has broken. (Just make sure you cut off the excess after you have it tight)

My .02 cents.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, not a bad idea, and since they cost even leass then $0.02 each, I'd say it's worth it.

on another note, I took the car to the dealer today to see what can be done, they can fix it for about 200, thats sanding, repainting, and taking the creases out of the bumper/spoiler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts