DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I haven't even had my kit on for a week and I've already scraped paint off one of the catfish corners of the front bumper. I've been driving extremely carefully, but the car is so freakin low now.

I had an idea of putting those bumper guards on the bottom of my bumper instead of on the sides. I went to the store and looked at the width, and they are too thick, plus, they are too long. The corner on the bottom (where I want to put something to prevent any more damage) is an inch wide at most, and it also curves.

So my ghetto bumper guard idea won't work...but I NEED something down there to take the beating instead of my fiberglass bumper. What do you guys think I could line that small area with? I'm looking for something preferably with an adhesive side so that I can stick it right on. Something that curved would be great, but I could also deal with something not that long and angle it myself.

Any feedback would be awesome, thanks. --Steve

PS-pics of the kit coming soon.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I was thinking of putting diamond plate at the bottom, but I don't know if with the impact when you rub, if it would just crack it instead of just scrapping it. Other than that, you have to go in all the parking lots in an angle and go very slow......I don't even go over speed bumps anymore. (i don't even wanna try) Having a bodykit on this car isn't a good idea if you don't have another daily driver and wanna keep it all nice......You will bottom out once in awhile......Tell yourself this, at least nobody really see under the car unless they bent over and that rarely happens.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Lowe's and looked around for about an hour, and I decided on purchasing this vinyl rubber sheet that you put under rugs. It's more rubber than vinyl and it was affordable. I don't know how I'm going to apply it to the bottom of my bumper, I'm guessing I'll use electrical or duct tape. I'll keep you guys updated to see how it comes out, especially for those others with kits.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

looks sweet to me!!!

however you are experiencing the reason why i would not purchase a body kit for any vehicle i owned: too much risk of it being ripped off on a low driveway... especially our cars, which are very low

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY PICS HAVE BEEN LEAKED!!!! haha I was waiting till I get some night shots with my L.E.D.s on for my sig thread, but I guess you couldn't wait for it. I'm starting to recognize slopes I can't take, and I just simply won't go that way. Kinda sucks, but whatever, my car looks good.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm jealous of your scrapeage!!! Seriously though, diamond plate would be awesome under there.......so when you scrape, sparks fly ;)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Hopefully this is glued on pretty good, because you won't have that for too long under there if it isn't....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I do not have the problem any more with air bags, but I was thinking of adding caster wheels to the bottom frames, so the car would roll over the curbs, speed bumps and such.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
300Michael said:
I do not have the problem any more with air bags, but I was thinking of adding caster wheels to the bottom frames, so the car would roll over the curbs, speed bumps and such.
Caster wheels??? Never heard of those.....you have a link to that please?

·
Registered
360 Posts
there under you rolling office chair....just need heavy duty ones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts