DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you guys tell me how to detach the white wire connectors behind the ATC head? I want to solder all the tin points inside the ATC head, because i have to knock at the head when the display went to blank....:mg:

any other good advice to solve the problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, jfsram!

I really dont like to buy a new ATC head, so, what should I do next?:confused:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
An electrical technician at my work found cracks in the soldered lines in 5 different places. All part of the power supply half of the circuit board.
I tried to offer him a $50 for reparing my ATC but since he wouldn't take it I offered him a brake job which his truck needs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your information again, jfsram!

what tool do i need to disconnect the white connectors and open the ATC head to take a look?

I hope I am lucky enough to find that there is just a small problem, for example, connector is too dirty....:eek:

·
Registered
183 Posts
You shouldn't need anything special, I pryed mine ope with small screwdrivers after all the screws were out. The actual connector on the board does not come off. The solde connections are on the other side of the board, so you don't need to take off the white connector from the board. Get the board out of the unit and flip it over. I have seen this on other units. It's a simple fix if you can run a soldering iron :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
remove the head

The first problem I encountered was how to remove the ATC head from the car after removing the 3 screws(a white connector connecting them), I tried to do it by hand, but the connector seems very tight..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts