DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a daily driver, as daughter will get my 97 Concorde soon. So.. Whats the best combo of mileage/most trouble free 'trep? Year, engine size, etc. I ain't racing this one, just back and forth to work, etc. What should be my maximum miles on the car to get a few troublefree years? Please be diplomatic here, I know how our 1st/2nd Gen loyalty affects us!

Also, is the 2.7 a definite no-no, no matter which year, mileage?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
2002 300m < 100000!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
97 intrepid (last year)

ES model best suspention, both sport and ride
3-3 engine ,longest lasting with min maintance(no timing belt issue)and better milage than 3.5, soon to be "classic styling intrepid"

My .02

My ideal would be an LHS with roof and leather, with suspention redone with eagle vision tsi springs and struts.

Those are supposed to be the tightest!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
97 intrepid (last year)

ES model best suspention, both sport and ride
3-3 engine ,longest lasting with min maintance(no timing belt issue)and better milage than 3.5, soon to be "classic styling intrepid"

My .02

My ideal would be an LHS with roof and leather, with suspention redone with eagle vision tsi springs and struts.

Those are supposed to be the tightest!
As much as I love my 02' 300, I have to agree with you on this. I've had 4 cars with the 3.3 and they were absolutely fantastic. All the way back to 1990, my Fifth Avenue had a 3.3 and it outran the body.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pretty precise answer! Why?
2002 is often viewed as the "best" year for the 300Ms because that is just before they started doing serious cost cutting measures. The 2002's are hence viewed as being the most feature rich. They have all the newer gadgets without the price cutting to go along with it.

I saw in another forum someone just turned over 400,000 miles on their 2nd gen 300M. They last.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'd vote for a 97 with a 3.3; last year of first gen, bugs pretty much gone, trans much more dependable than first few years. I have 230K on my 96, and have met a lot of folks with 96-97's with that much or more. Don't be afraid of one with 100 - 150K if you can verify the maintenance; trans manintenance is most important-fluid & filter should have been changed at least a couple of times at that mileage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts