DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ABS and Airbag lights goes on and ATC control panel and power window goes off

Hi, sometimes when I drive, the ABC and Airbag starts to light and the ATC control panel goes off, power windows stop working and the steering feels stiffer. All will go back to normal when I restart. I can drive for days and weeks and then it happeneds again, so it comes and goes. What could be wrong?

TIA

·
Registered
321 Posts
taking a guess here since that stuff i think is controlled by the BCM so i would look there or codes stored in the computer first.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wardruid said:
taking a guess here since that stuff i think is controlled by the BCM so i would look there or codes stored in the computer first.

Can I see the codes with just moving the egnition key or do I have to hook up a "service computer" at the garage?
Will the codes stay or will they be eraised when/if I disconnect the battery?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, could it be the ignition switch that is failing as the problem it's not solid?

Plaese let me know what you think.

TIA

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have not got any solution to it yet. Talked to a service guy at Chrysler here in Sweden and he didn't thought it could be the BCM (he had never changed a BCM on a Vision). He told me to check the wiring diagrams and follow the + cable that feeds the units that are failing and see if there is a bad connection in any junktion box or something like that (maybe some cable could have been spliced and joint back together before, with a bad connection now). Or it could be the burglar alarm that have some cable that are joint to some + cable to the units that are failing. I've not checked the wirings diagrams yet to see if they have any common junktion box or something like that.

Right now I'm trying to push the ignition key to the bottom every time I start the engine (since last thursday I've not got any problem at all) to see if it could be the ignition switch that are failing. Maybe it's shot in the dark....

If I get any solution to the problem I will post it here. And if someone else get the solution please post it here 2.

(sorry for my english...... :icon_conf )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup...ignition switch.

Tried doing the "pushing on the key thing" and it worked, so I switched out the ignition switch and so far, all is good!!

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you solved your problem.

My problem came back after I posted at 06-13. So I removed the steering column covers and saw 2 cables that was joint to the "multi funktion switch" (don't know if this is the right name for it) but anyway I touched the joints and it looked like my problem was getting worse. So I remade the joints today and maked sure that it was proper connction and so far it looks good, but it's to early to tell if it solved my problem, I let you all know.
I have no glue what the 2 cables are doing, if they are for my burglar alarm or what. One are joint to light brown and the other one to green, can not find it in the drawings. Don't want to change my ignition switch before I'm more sure... the ignition switch cost about 115 USD here in Sweden, so I hope my problem was these 2 joints.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the ignition switch today. The problem came back as soon as I turned the ignition key to the radio, and then I had to turn the ignition key several times to run before the problem went away. So there was some bad connections inside the ignition switch I guess.

Hope this will help if you run into same problems.

:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts