DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 99 2.7L Trep, how do I tell (e.g. by looking under the hood) if I have ABS and where is the CAB module if I do?

I think I do because some module was bringing down my PCI bus so I disconnected the connectors at the back of my BCM and scoped every purple wire with a yellow tracer in those connectors with the KOEO. Some (that I thought should be showing some data) didn't show anything but at least the TCM and PCM did show nice tall rectangular waves. However the CAB was showing pulses of a really anemic looking shark's tooth shaped wave. So I figured I'd disconnect the CAB and try plugging everything back in to see if I could get it to work but I can't find it. Can't find any location for it in the 2000 manual. Saw a web site somewhere that said it should be behind the driver's headlight but I pulled it out and looked behind and don't see it.

TIA,
-Kevin

·
Premium Member
17,030 Posts
You need to look lower, below TCM & PCM - it’s the hardware that is lowest and just forward of the driver’s side tire.

If you don’t have ABS, it will just be the hydraulic line junction block (6 ports pointing straight up). If ABS, it will be the HCU (6 ports pointing straight up), CAB, and motor - also the 24-pin connector (no connector w/o ABS).

(in vehicle, ICU Is oriented with pump/motor towards tire, the 6 ports pointing up; you can see 24-pin connector in sketch - not labeled)

(this view is looking down on unit, item (1) is 24-pin connector next to inner fender - notice arrow pointing to “front” of vehicle)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts