DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I replaced all my brake lines and I am in need of an ABS Wheel Speed Sensor, right rear, for my 2004 Dodge Intrepid ES. It is amazing to me how this is a discontinued part. Plenty of sensor for the front available. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
19,039 Posts
You're right - all searches came to dead ends. (Chrysler 04779154AA/4779154AA, Standard Motor ALS 1118)

You may have thought of this, but could you make a front sensor work by splicing or connector swap (or perhaps only differences are in cable length/attachment points)? Or get from junk yard.

·
Registered
299 Posts
FWIW No splicing it any repairs permitted on any ABS system wiring by any manufacturer. Integrity of the splice, corrosion, and even the slightest change in resistance may compromise the system operation. Even slight chafing is suspect.
DOT/ DMV/ Insurance all frown on the practice.
Yard part best bet, simple resistance check can identify usable parts.
(Not saying some folks may do it, just pointing out there could be consequences)
Stay Safe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I have not looked closely at all the sensors. Other than connector and harness length differences, is there any reason why the front is diff than the rear. I can find the fronts but not rears and have no idea why. In fact not sure yet how mine broke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts