DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 ES has been making noise in the passenger front area of the car when the ac is on. Sounds kinda like something is rubbing or rattling. Like there's something loose, like the battery access cover but I think it's the ac pulley or compressor. May actually have two noises, non-related, one physical and one mechanical. The belts are in good shape and had them tightened recently by the shop that installed them.

Sometimes when I'm driving, usually accelerating to about 45 mph something will chirp as the compressor kicks on. Thought it was the belt but now it's tight so don't think it's that. When driving slow, I can hear something ac related rattling up front and it goes away when I turn ac off.

Will have it looked at but wondering if anyone has any ideas? AC still works and haven't ever gotten it recharged. 101k on the car. Thanks.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,440 Posts
Start by checking the belt. See if its loose, cracked or dry-rotted. That is probably where your getting the chirping. Take the belt off and check the A/C clutch bearings by spinning it and moving the clutch pulley back and forth. If both are ok, check your A/C idler pulley bearings the same way you checked the clutch. Good luck....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.