DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1998 Concorde LXI and I was wondering if any of you have had the AC compressor go out and if so how do you fix it and what does the repair run?? Im guessing its expensive since it being chrysler.
Brent
P.S. does anyone know where I can get a replacement center channel for the "infinty" system??? I have out speakers through out the car all excpet for the center channel and subs. thanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I have a 1998 Chrysler Concorde LXi and my A/C is also out.. They said to fix my Evaporator it would be $960..and for the compressor not much less..

·
Registered
411 Posts
I doubt its the compressor, its usually the EVAP that goes first....

now to get to the evap, the ENTIRE dash must be dissasembled.... it cost me $1200 CAD to get it done. My compressor is fine, and unless u have the dealer diagnose your problem, you'll just waste more money.

I doubt its a job that can be done by first timers, since that they would have to drain the entire coolant system of freon, and then do checks...

Basically when i had it done, it took the dealer 4 hours (with 2 guys) to get it done.

As for centre channel, take off the A pilars, and the the plastic dash. Then unplug the speaker and voila, no more distortion.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Also if you do decide to remove the R-134A you need to bag it and take it to a place that will dispose of it or recycle it. Not really a difficult thing to do if you know how to solder and tap into a metal pipe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
AC Compressor was $600 CAD dealer cost

"I have an 1998 Concorde LXI and I was wondering if any of you have had the AC compressor go out and if so how do you fix it and what does the repair run?? Im guessing its expensive since it being chrysler. "

Last year my 99LHS's air conditioning stopped putting out cold air. So since my cousin owns a dealership, he had his mechanic do the work. They said it needed a new AC compressor, so his cost was $600 CAD and he didn't charge me for the labor, so I would guess it would be a lot if you didn't have a 'friend' in the business. At $600 I was floored...however he fixed it before I could say no. Anyways, long story short I had cold air for not even a week. Then nothing since last summer. Seeing as my car is black, I have to address this issue soon or I'll be cooking. Any suggestions as to what is the real problem would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there had to be a recall out there for these models because all i hear is bad things about the AC. Does anyone know where Someone can look up the recall information????

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are you looking for a different center channel speaker? If so, mines just sitting in my dash now, i bypassed my amp. some one stole my 3" from the dash, so there really was no point. i could take it out and it could be all yours....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts