DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,039 Posts
Hi Vlad!

It would be on the discharge (high pressure) refrigerant line (hose) that connects from the a.c. compressor to the a.c. condenser. (Condenser is mounted between the radiator and the grille.) It should be located next to the passenger side end of the radiator. It is the only part on the refrigerant hoses that has an electrical connector.

Procedure from Chrysler FSM:

A/C PRESSURE TRANSDUCER
Removal & Installation
Disconnect harness connector. Rotate transducer counterclockwise using 3/4" open end wrench. There may be a slight discharge of trapped pressure from fitting. It is not necessary to discharge refrigerant system. To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten transducer to 50 INCH lbs. (5.6 N.m).

19mm wrench should also work.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Yep, as stated it is on the line passenger side near radiator and the A/C belt idler. (atleast on the 3.3 is is) This part can made few things act wonky like fans on all the time. Make sure to take care in removing it properly as you can twist the line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you very much for your help I bought the car in a very bad condition and now I am trying to restore it because in my country there are not many of these cars and it really looks like a monster next to the European cars but it is very difficult to work on the car when the fans are blowing at full blast in my face

·
Premium Member
19,039 Posts
Glad you got that fixed.

I agree that you've done a remarkable job in restoring it from the condition it was in when you got it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is still a lot of work to be done on it but that was the idea, I want it to be perfect and everything is going quite slowly but I don't regret it because one day it will be proudly on the road

1 - 13 of 13 Posts